Until the complete configurator is set-up on most websites around the world, BMW has revealed an online visualizer where we can get to spec the new iX and learn more about the trim lines, paintworks, upholstery choices and wheels.
For starters, the new BMW iX will be offered with two exterior trim package: Essence and Signature Sports Package. Both lines will be further configurable as follows:
- Essence Shadow Line, making use of the BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line exterior ornaments in black chrome
- Essence BMW i blue, with exterior adornments in the distinctive, electrifying BMW i blue color
- Essence Titanium Bronze, adorned with the extravagant, newly-developed BMW Individual Exterior Line Titanium Bronze details
- Signature Sports Package with BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line ornaments
- Signature Sports Package Titanium Bronze, featured with the above-mentioned bronze trimming
In what the color palette is concerned, the all-new iX can be customized with both standard uni/metallic and BMW Individual metallic paintworks also available for the X5, X6 and X7. It is worth mentioning that high-end Individual finishes will, for the moment, be reserved exclusively for the range-topping Signature Sports Package trim lines.
So, the list of exterior colors for the BMW iX comprises the following:
- Alpine White uni
- Sapphire Black metallic
- Sophisto Grey Brilliant Effect metallic
- Mineral White metallic
- Phytonic Blue metallic
- Blue Ridge Mountain metallic
- BMW Individual Storm Bay Blue metallic
- BMW Individual Aventurine Red metallic
Further digging up the exterior customization options, we are faced with six brand new, fashionable Aerodynamic Wheel designs coming in 20-inch, 21-inch or 22-inch dimensions as follows:
- 20″ Aerodynamic Wheels 1002
- 21″ Aerodynamic Wheels 1012 with 3D polished finish
- 21″ Aerodynamic Wheels 1011 with Bicolor look
- 21″ Aerodynamic Wheels 1010 with Bicolor 3D polished finish
- 22″ Aerodynamic Wheels 1021 with Multicolor 3D polished finish
- 22″ Aerodynamic Wheels 1020 with Bicolor 3D polished finish
In terms of cabin appointments, the new BMW iX proposes another major paradigm shift. There are three levels of design to choose from: Interior Design Loft, Interior Design Suite and Interior Design Atelier. Furthermore, most of the materials used from trims, fabrics and leather upholsteries are manufactured out of renewable and/or sustainable materials, but there are also two choices of pure, real leather.
The complete list of cabin designs consists of the following specifications:
- Interior Design Loft Stonegrey wool fabric
- Interior Design Suite Castanea pure leather
- Interior Design Suite Amido pure leather
- Interior Design Atelier Sensatec Oyster leather
- Interior Design Atelier Sensatec Mokka leather
- Interior Design Atelier Sensatec Sensatec Black leather
To sum up, the range of customization options for the new BMW i technology flagship is pretty impressive and it is guaranteed one can spec out the dream iX to perfectly suit everyone’s taste.